Dr. Ken Sun specializes in adult and paediatric allergy assessments. He is fluent in English and Mandarin and is accepting new patients. His consultation services include Saturdays. Referrals can be faxed to 416-222-9238.
Medications to STOP:
Please do not take antihistamines for ideally 3 days prior to your visit. Antihistamines can prevent allergy tests from working.
Examples of antihistamines:
Benadryl, which is diphenhydramine
Reactine, Zyrtec or Aller-Relief, which is cetirizine
Allegra 12-Hour or Allegra 24-Hour, which is fexofenadine
Claritin or Claritin-Kids, which is loratadine
Blexten, which is bilastine
Rupall which is rupatadine
Sleep aids like Tylenol PM or Advil PM, which contain diphenhydramine
Medications to CONTINUE:
Please continue all other medications including asthma medications, eczema creams, and nasal sprays.
On your first visit:
- Please bring your current medicines.
- If your appointment is for a possible food allergy, please bring a small sample of all fresh foods (e.g.: fruits, vegetables, legumes, fish, seafood, meats, etc.) that you suspect you may be allergic to. Your allergist may need to use these for your skin test.
- Due to allergy and other testing, your first visit may take up to two hours.
If you can’t keep your appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance.
If you miss your appointment without notification, a $50 fee will be applied.
Dr. Sun sees a variety of patients and conditions and performs various tests/treatments, including:
- Adult and Pediatric Allergy
- Food Allergy Assessment
- Oral Food Challenges
- Medication/Penicillin/Vaccine Allergy Assessment
- Drug Challenges
- Environmental Allergy Assessment
- Venom Allergy Assessment
- Skin Testing
- Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis
- Recurrent Infections